Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan
RM 260.83/night | Minimum: 1 night.
Quite honestly, I really do like this place. It has an amazing ambience and not to mention: GREAT MUSIC PLAYLIST! They play music in the general area to make the entire villa lot feeling more cheerful. The exterior design is very modern and the pool is big enough for 3 families. Also, you’re required to pay RM200 of refundable deposit prior to checking in and they also want you to sign a few papers. Make sure you read them before signing. They’ll still have a sheet of important reminders in the room but not as fully described as the contract.
Our room appeared to be a lot smaller than we’ve anticipated (refer to Google drive files under Airbnb Photos Screenshot for comparison) and the curtains were actually wonky. One side of the window had a laundry clipper on it for you to fully close the curtains. They’re not blinders so you can still get sunlight into the room when the sun is up. Great room lighting during the day and when the night comes, the room can be pitch black. After turning the lights on, the room still seems a little dark for the ambience’s sake. To those who are picky about where and how they sleep, you might want to bring your own pillow if you hate soft pillows. All the four pillows are mushy soft and the bed is rather hard too. There aren’t any bolsters, by the way. There isn’t much entertainment in this villa lot beside the pool. Their Astro doesn’t have paid subscription channels and we ended up watching a very, very old re-run of Runningman (first season, if not mistaken) through NTV7.
The door has a bit of an issue, by the way. At one point, we were stuck in our room when the staff rang our doorbell to hand us the scissors that we asked for (which they took some time to bring us the pair of scissors) and in order to get the door open, we had to jam the door into the closing direction before being able to open it. The staff just stood outside and didn’t know what to do too 😶. All the staffs are friendly and full of smiles. I really love that 😊 Though, the numbers on the counter doesn’t work. I had to text the manager just to get a pair of scissors. But then right after that, I found a new number from the guides they’ve provided after they confirmed my booking on Airbnb. They really should update their info everywhere.
Overall, its a nice place in Port Dickson to stay but uhm. Pros and cons, I suppose.
Things you need to know before booking:
- For our room, the Airbnb listing has photos of two different rooms and bathroom. I’m a person who likes to know what to expect (aka I’m one of those who likes spoilers), so I went to clarify with the host before our trip. At first, she was defensive (at least that’s what I felt, which to-be-honest I don’t know what for; I’ll put the screenshots of our conversation from Airbnb in the google drive file along with the photo proves of the listing. Disclaimer though, I didn’t see anywhere that says I can’t disclose the chat and besides, the sharing is for fair use only.) but after telling her that I just want to know which room to expect, she clarified to me that we’re getting the smaller room with a bathtub. I’m happier after knowing because I don’t have to guess this and that, which stresses me out. If you like a surprise, then sure, keep it that way.
- If you want a bigger room for the same price, ask for the Private Pool View Suite.
- You might wanna pray that no families with many kids are around during your stay. I’m talking about 10 kids. They’ll ignore the rules and the kids would start shouting near 8am. They stopped shouting and crying at 10pm though. Impressed by the parents who had to deal with all the craziness. Also, we came here excitedly for photo ops by the pool but they were ALWAYS in the pool so yea, that was ruined but ngeh, we’re gonna do that in other places then.
- Moral of the story: check with the host to see if there would be families around during your trip so you know what to expect.
- They have more listing for Villa 1638 so check those out before you book because you won’t know if you prefer another room instead! (That’s what happened to us 😋)
- The photos can be confusing. Contact the host if you need to! Don’t do all the guesswork and get disappointed in the end 😖.